February 2020 in Cambridge
A great time to visit Cambridge with fun events and plenty of cafes, pubs, restaurants and hotels to warm up in.
We would love to share Cambridge with you, if you would like an orientation tour please call us on 01223 290571. We can also advise on the school application process if you’re moving with children.
February Half Term 15th-23rd February (school break):
- Twilight at the Museums on Wednesday 19th February 4.30pm-7.30pm. 15 museums across Cambridge and beyond take part, offering torch lit exploration and hands on activities. It’s brilliant, free and really popular – be prepared to queue at some museums.
- Snowdrops and the Winter Walk at Anglesey Abbey 6 miles from Cambridge explore the grounds of the National Trust, Anglesey Abbey with a beautiful winter walk and a variety of unusual snowdrops. Children’s woodland play area and cafe.
Concerts and events:
- Britten Oboe Quartet are performing at Kettles Yard on 27th February. Book ahead online.
- Cambridgeshire Wine School are hosting a wine tasting day on Saturday 29th February with champagne, wine, a 2 course lunch and tour of Christs College. Book ahead online.
- Choral Evensong is unmissable, every day in term time between 5.30pm and 6.45pm in various Cambridge Colleges.
Where to stay:
- The Lodge, Duxford has been renovated with exceptional style, just to the South of Cambridge with log fires, delicious food and gorgeous bedrooms. IWM Duxford is a few minutes drive away for airplane enthusiasts.
- Cambridge Tour Guides offer superb, guided walking tours of Cambridge with Tony or Chris – both expert blue badge guides.
- Rutland Cycling offer cycle hire from Cambridge Station and in the City Centre, do take gloves and a scarf!
- Punting is the archetypal way to appreciate Cambridge even in winter, Scudamores are offering a Romantic Punting Tour for two with hot water bottles, a red rose and the option to add champagne (£150) between 13-16th February.
Indulge your tastebuds:
- New independent openings in Cambridge include Bould Brothers Coffee new cafe on Regent Street, warm, comfortable and delicious coffee! Super stylish Mercado Central in Green Street serving exceptional Spanish food with real provenance.
- If you enjoy Gin, consider a tasting visit to Cambridge Distillery at Grantchester (perfect for a lovely 2 mile weekend walk with several great Pubs) or create your own Cambridge Gin at Cambridge Gin Lab on Green Street.